Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Daddy


I know that you have all heard me say it a million times before, but I have the BEST parents! I have been so blessed to have not just one spectacular parent, but two!

I think that I have been Daddy's little princess since the day that I was born. My daddy has doted on me and praised me and encouraged as long as I can remember. There has never been a time when I haven't seen my daddy when he hasn't given me a hug and kiss and told me that he loves me. And not only does he tell me, but he shows me. My daddy will drop anything to help his family. There aren't many dads who you can trust to take as good of care of your 17 month old as you do either. My dad is really special. He is extremely charismatic and has never met a stranger. This is something that I really admire about him since I am shy when I first meet people. My dad is pretty good at taking jokes when we all tease him also. I think that my confidence and self assurance comes from my dad. I think that he built that in me as a father by empowering me to believe that who I am and what I have to say is important and that it matters. My dad has always listened to my opinions and respected them even if he didn't agree with them. He also always told me that I was beautiful and I think that every little girl needs to growing up hearing their father praise both their outward beauty and their inner strength. My father is also an incredible husband. He is affectionate and loving towards my mom and I think that is important for a child to grow up seeing as well. I think that I had a firm foundation in who I am because my parents were always devoted to each other. My daddy is a teddy bear! He wants you to think that he is a grizzly bear, but he is really the kindest, gentlest and sweetest father that I have ever known. My daddy is also one of the most generous people that I know. My dad makes every holiday fun! He gets just as excited about Christmas as we did when we were little and he is still the one who gets the most excited, though I am a very close 2nd! He ALWAYS begin packing for vacation 2 weeks before we leave! My dad is very passionate about what he does! My dad's excitement for life is contagious! If he is mad you know it and if he is happy you know it! He wears his heart on his sleeve and his feelings on his face! (Boy, that sounds kind of like me too!) A few weeks ago when my mom and I were gone to the mountains, we were talking about what a great daddy my father has been and my mom said, "He is a great dad, but he is also a great man". I think that statement was one of the most powerful statements that I have ever heard. My Daddy is a fantastic father, a great man and my hero.


I love you Daddy!

No comments: