Monday, January 26, 2009
I absolutely adore his personality. I love his stubbornness. I love his giggle. I love how he says, "mommy funny". I love the way he says, "hey mommy" every time he enters a room and "bye bye mommy" anytime he leaves. I love the way he tilts his head back, squeezes his eyes shuts and smiles really big showing his gapped teeth when he is laughing. I love the wayhe speaks in third person, Braden toast, Braden shoes, Braden book, etc. I love the way he says, "puh-lease" when he really wants something badly. I love that he sings his favorite songs at the top of his voice no matter where we are. I love when he says, "mommy com'ere (come here)" when he wants me. I love when he comes to me and grabs my thumb and tells me to "hold a hand" when he wants to show me something. I love the way he adores his bedtime bear and calls for him before he goes to sleep each night. I even love the way that he repeats EVERYTHING I say. I love the way he says "mmm good" when he is eating something tasty. I love his giant hugs and the way that when he gives me a kiss it also has noise "MMMMWHHHH". I love how he calls his pacifier "pacipie". I love how he can make me smile even when he is in trouble sitting in his time out chair just by smiling at me and saying, "hey mommy". I love the way he says "God is good..God is great.." if Brad and I forget to pray at the dinner table. I love how when I say "shake shake shake" he says " shake your booty". I love how much he adores his family and how special he can make people feel. I just LOVE my boy.
Last night I actually started crying while we were putting him to bed. I just had this overwhelming feeling my baby was growing up and these precious years with him being young are so fleeting. At first Brad thought I was crazy, but I think that he understands because he told Braden to give me some love and that I needed some extra attention from him and of course my precious baby came and wrapped his arms tightly around my neck and gave me a big "MMMMWHHH" smooch. It was just what I needed to remind me to treasure every moment that I have with my precious baby boy.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Today is my wonderful husband, Brad's, 32nd birthday! Brad is such a wonderful husband and father. He loves spending time playing with Braden and I truly love that about him. This is all the time that I have for now, but I promise to update about my handsome hubby later!
I love you baby!
Ok....Some things I love about my hubby....
- his unconditional love for Braden
- he prays with me and for me
- he doesn't mind my crazy crush on Brett Favre
- his dudu brown eyes
- he doesn't think I'm crazy....he thinks I'm weird, but not crazy
- we can have different points of view on issues, but still get along
- he is thoughtful
- he sends me sweet texts to remind me how much he loves me
- his stubbornness...man, is he stubborn
- he DVRs our favorite shows and waits to watch them when I have time
- he is not afraid to ride in a car with me
- his quirky sense of humor
- he would do anything to make Braden and me happy
- he tells me that he loves me
- he likes to get a hug when he walks through the door
- he kisses my cheek each night before he goes to bed...even if I am already sleeping
- his cute behind
- that he writes my nicknames on my Christmas gifts each year
- he cleans the dishes in the kitchen after I cook (well.....not all the time....but I still appreciate it when he does)
Happy Birthday Honey!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Prior to talking to Dr. Miller these are the foods that Braden ate:
- fruit snacks
- peanut butter (occasionally)
- mandarin oranges (occasionally)
- apples (occasionally)
- purple grapes only (occasionally)
- Mickey Mouse cheese....yes it has to look like Mickey Mouse (he has been on a cheese strike recently)
- any type of sauce (ketchup, ranch, marinara, etc.)
- any type of sweet or candy
Do you understand my frustration? Well our new plan, along with LOTS of help form my parents and brother since they are with him everyday is:
- no more junk food available
- so long fruit snacks
- he can eat what is offered to him on his plate or not eat
- he gets a small healthy snack in between meals...if he chooses not to eat it, oh well
- limit juice, milk, etc before meals.
The first night (Tuesday) was horrible. I made marinara sauce with pureed carrots and pureed ground beef. I also offered him Mickey Mouse whole wheat pasta and grapes. He cried and refuse to eat his food when he saw his plate, but we were strong and didn't give in so he ended up eating about 5 grapes and that was all that he got for dinner that night. Wednesday my dad made him oatmeal for breakfast and he refused to eat it so he wasn't offered anything else. He had a handful of grapes for snack and he was offered soup (which he refused) , yogurt and oranges for lunch. He ate all of the oranges and half of the yogurt. For dinner he ate peanut butter toast and 3 apple slices. Today he ate a muffin for breakfast, grapes and something else I can't remember right now for lunch. Tonight for dinner I offered him chicken, apples and grapes with a strawberry cream cheese dip and sliced carrots. He ate all of his chicken, apples and grapes and he tried the carrots and ate 3 1/2 carrots dipped in ranch dressing. And he kept asking for more chicken and more carrots and saying "Umm..good...yummy."
For you parents of non picky kids you are wondering what I am making such a fuss about but 1. Braden doesn't try new things and 2. He doesn't eat vegetables. So there......a carrot celebration! I am so proud of my boy!
Braden has been singing "Happy Birthday" since the Thursday before his birthday and he is STILL singing it! Here is a little video that I got of him on Sunday (his actual birthday).
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Braden LOVES "big trucks Vroom...Vroom" so I knew that this would be a great theme for him. The thing that he love most was his AWESOME birthday cake that i ordered from Sweet Treats in Covington. It was designed to match his invitations and it had brownies in the back of the dump truck and before the party even started he climbed on the table 3 times to grab a brownie! He has been singing Happy Birthday to himself since Thursday when I took cupcakes for his preschool party. It is the cutest thing ever. He sang it multiple times today at the part and he has been serenading us with his beautiful birthday song this evening as well. What a sweet boy! He even sings "....Happy birthday Braden, happy birthday to you". PRECIOUS! I hope that everyone had a great time and we really appreciate everyone joining us to celebrate with our incredible little boy.
****Just a side note about my evening....I am crazy about taking pictures and I LOVE my camera. Well tonight my precious camera will join other fallen camera in camera heaven.....my eyes are actually dry as I write this. After I napped, while Braden was napping this afternoon, I decided to transfer my pics to my computer. Well to make a long story short, my card reader messed up (burned up/damaged the tongue& groove in the card) my CF card which damaged my camera when I tried to put it back in my camera. After a complete meltdown about losing Braden's birthday pics (the camera can be replaced, but my pics from his birthday can't) and lots of prayers (thanks mom, dad, Brad and Lori) I called Wollf Camera and they told me to bring everything in quickly. They were able to save my pictures and transferred them to a CD, but it will be $300 to fix my camera and Brad and I decided that we will just put that money towards a newer camera. Also Brad bought me a new flash for my camera for Christmas that was almost $200 so please pray that we will be able to return the flash. We are thinking about changing from Olympus SLR to either Nikon or Canon SLR just because it is so hard to find accessories and parts for the Olympus. If anyone has any opinions on which brand we should get let us know as I will begin researching shortly. Also I have 2 awesome lenses to sell that are in excellent condition if anyone is interested.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
- First and foremost: POOP on the LOOP
- Blimpies or Zaxby's? There aren't any stinking places to eat out here!
- Catching up on the latest Creek gossip
- Getting scolded in a certain professor's class
- Singing---LOTS & LOTS of Singing
- That is SOOOOO Redic!
- Grandma stories
- The occasional Varsity visit (along with all that accompanies a trip to The Varsity)
- Complaining about the horrible drivers we passed
- Speeding ticket- Thank you po po...maybe I should have used the I'm pregnant card- oh wait I did to get us out of class early..Karma?
- Can we get a good parking spot this week?
- Oh...can you ever forget the parking ticket and how they denied our written rebuttal
- And MANY MANY more AWESOME memories!
My road trip to Athens will NEVER be the same!
I miss you girl!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Braden Wright Hoffman
January 11, 2007 @ 2:03 am
Before Braden's 1st visit to Dr. Miller