Wednesday, November 24, 2010
My brother surprised my parents by coming into town Saturday night instead of Sunday afternoon and after a few setbacks- a stop to buy an phone charger and a blown out tire on I-20, along with 3 broken lug nuts on the tire, he finally arrived home just before 1 am. And my parents were overjoyed. Their boy had come home, even if it was just for a few days.
Sunday after church we headed up to my parents to my Chad. I was so excited- though Braden who had been sick all week and extremely whiny was more excited than me. You wouldn't believe it- he was like a different little boy when we got there! I have missed my brother so much. It is hard to see someone almost everyday of your life and then only 2 times in over 3 months. However my joy for him and Erica surpasses my sadness about them being gone. Though sometimes I feel sad that Parker won't have the same relationship with Chad as Braden has been able to have. I just remember that Braden has been fortunate enough to have a bond with his uncle that most children never experience- and for that I am thankful.
Thankful for a brother.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Gage, Braden, Jessie, Cohen, Ace and Parker
All of the girls with the kiddos
- Grace and the fact that it is offered to me though I don't deserve it.
- My husband who loves me even though I neglect to put my shoes away and leave clumps of hair on the shower wall.
- Healthy, happy children
- A very vivacious 3 year old who keeps me laughing
- a 10 month old that is into everything, but gives the Best hugs I have ever had
- messes that were created by my children
- The best parents in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD
- My church family
- Avery- she loves me no matter what and I do love her even when I am mad that she peed on the rug AGAIN
- my brother and the fact that he doesn't mind listening to my drama- at least he doesn't tell me that he minds
- Erica- I am going to finally have a sister!
- an abundance of food that we take for granted
- a job that i love, even on days when I have too much to do or out of control kids
- Children's Place monster sale
- my large family
- large family get togethers
- my Granny
- heated blankets
- Christmas songs
- a feeling of peace that even when my fears of instability creep in, I know I serve a God that will take care of me no matter what
- A God who is bigger than my dreams, hopes, ideas, or thoughts.
Colossians 3:15-17And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.