Sunday, December 27, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
The past 2 years they came the first Sat. in Dec. and we have always just caught them before we left to go to Brad's parents for our annual Christmas gathering. This year we thought that we had missed it because we assumed that we left before they came, so we were so excited when we heard those sirens! Braden and I were still in our pajamas so we bundles up and headed outside to wait on them. Braden has been sleeping with his new bear the past 2 nights! So cute!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
I booked a 7:30 train ride and in retrospect I would definitely book the 5:30 one instead. He was so excited that he didn't nap and when we go there we had a while to board the train which is very hard for a 2 year old to do....especially when he was SOOOOO excited!
This year his excitement level was a new high. Last year I was way more excited than Braden, but this year he was jumping up and down and participating in everything- all the songs, the story, dancing and seeing Santa. It definitely made the trip worth it!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
I am posting my to do list in hopes that it will keep me motivated to get everything done....plus I have really bad pregnancy brain this time around and checklists have become my friend!
- have the carpets in all the bedrooms cleaned- COMPLETE
- buy, paint, and put up Parker's initials in his room- COMPLETE
- order my breast pump accessories- COMPLETE
- finish washing and putting away Parker's clothes, blankets, etc.- COMPLETE
- get Parker's bedding ready- COMPLETE
- set up the co sleeper in our bedroom- COMPLETE
- get the bouncy seat and other various baby items down from the attic- COMPLETE
- finish my thank you cards from my school shower- COMPLETE
- take pictures and order our Christmas cards- COMPLETE
- take Braden to Chattanooga to ride the Polar Express next weekend- COMPLETE
- take Parker's blanket to get embroidered- COMPLETE
- get my winter coat dry cleaned-COMPLETE
- finish putting away shower gifts- COMPLETE
- Christmas shop- COMPLETE
- wrap Christmas gifts- COMPLETE
- take down our scarecrow outside and put out pine straw- COMPLETE
- take down glass doors in the bedroom and put up our new doors- COMPLETE
- paint Braden's train table and frames
- finish my parent/teacher conferences- IN PROCESS- 1 left!!!
- write my long term sub plans- COMPLETE
- prepare for our field trip on Tuesday- COMPLETE
- order Braden's birthday invitations- COMPLETE
- get everything prepared for Braden while I'm at the hospital- COMPLETE
- take Braden to see Santa- COMPLETE
- bake Happy Birthday Jesus cupcakes
- pack my suitcase for the hospital- COMPLETE
I'm sure that I am leaving several things, if not a couple out. I am just praying for peace that I don't go into a panic mode. It's hard being a control freak and then having no control and feeling overwhelmed. However, I have an awesome family who loves me and that I can count on to help. So thank you in advance to Brad and my parents for enduring the break down that is sure to happen in the next few weeks and picking up the pieces! I love you guys!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Halloween day was extra busy due to the GA/FL game. My brother and Erica, along with my cousins came over to watch them game and I made some pregame goodies to snack on. By the time the game was over, the rest of my family was here to celebrate Halloween.
All of the boys were SUPER excited this year, since they actually understood they were going to get candy! We feasted on our traditional chili, rice, hot dogs and all the fixins'. By the time we ate dinner the boys were racing to get into their costumes and ready to get out the door. I didn't get eh best pictures this year since the weather was yucky, but it did clear off enough for us to hit a few houses.
Braden ran up to each house yelling, "Trick or Treat! Happy Halloween!" At one house the lady gave him a coupon for a frosty. After she put it in his bag, he kept standing there with his bag open staring at her. So I prompted him by saying, "What do you say Braden?" fully expecting him to say "Thank you." Instead he said, "I'd like some candy please!" It was priceless!
Getting together with my family at Halloween was a tradition that I treasured when I was little and I feel so blessed that we have been able to continue this tradition with my whole family as we have grown. I hope that Braden will enjoy the years to come as much I have in the past.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Amberly and Staci- The Hostesses with Mostest
My mom, Amberly, me, Erica, Staci, and my Aunt JoyBefore the shower- Braden really wanted to go with us! (Brad told him it was just going to be a bunch of crazy women, so he didn't need to go!)
My Granny (Parker's Gigi)
My Mother In Law (Parker's Grandma)
We got LOTS of great gifts for Baby Parker, including the MUCH wanted packs of diapers, wipes, baby wash, etc. I realize the second time around how awesome gifts like these are! We also got the cutest and sweetest little outfits for Parker. It was exciting to actually get clothes that weren't green and yellow, since that is what we mostly got at Braden's showers since we didn't find out if he was a boy or girl. I am really excited about getting them all washed and hung up in his closet ready for his arrival! My Granny, Braden and Parker's Gigi, got Parker a bedtime bear just like the one that she got for Braden (except Parker's is blue) before he was born.
The Bedtime Bear from Gigi
How many pieces of toilet paper does it take to fit around me?
We had so much delicious food! And you know I am ALL about the food right now! We had a Mexican feast and it was scrumptious! For dessert we had mini strawberry and chocolate cupcakes and they were awesome!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
This family picture just makes me giggle!
Braden, Ethan and Emmawating on the pig races
playing in the corn...he had corn everywhere..in his shoes, behind his ear!