Monday, October 1, 2012

Sweet 1st Birthday Party

This weekend we celebrated Emersyn's 1st birthday with tons of family and friends.  Several people asked me prior to the party what my theme was and to be totally honest I didn't have a theme- which is odd for me.  It wasn't until Saturday afternoon, a few hours before the party, when Brad, Braden and Parker were at Braden's soccer game and Emy was napping that I figured out that the theme was 'Sweet':  Homemade ice cream with a table full of sweet candies, sweet and delicious strawberry cupcakes and the sweetest little one year old girl I know. 
A super sweet table for a super sweet girl!


ice cream toppings



 
 
the rock candy was a hit with the kids

We started the party with the first year slide show that I make for all of our babies and then we opened gifts.  Emersyn was showered with so many wonderful gifts- clothes, toys, books, and a new backpack for the big girl to replace her diaper bag!
Finally it was time for the smash cake and Palpaw's homemade ice cream (strawberry and vanilla)!  It was a sweet ending to a sweet party to celebrate a sweet girl!  (See, I found my theme!)

The crew is cheering her on!

 

My wonderful friend, Lori, took these amazing pictures!  Here are a few of my favorites...

I made her shirt and I am totally proud of it!


No comments: