Friday, October 19, 2012

Burlap Frames

I LOVE Pinterest!  I have found so many awesome ideas to spruce up our house!  The latest idea that I found was this super cute burlap frame trio that I am using to display my instagram pics.  I am always looking for ways to use up a little burlap after the shower that we gave for my sister in law and cousin! This project was super easy and most of the items that I needed I already had in hand. 

For this project you will need:
  • frames (I purchased three unfinished frames from Hobby Lobby when they were on sale for 50% off)
  • stain or paint (I had wood stain on hand, so that is what I used)
  • clothespins
  • burlap
  • some sort of backing to attach your burlap to- I used
  • staple gun
  • hot glue gun
  • picture hangers
  • pictures

Stain your unfinished frames and clothespins


I bought 3 picture mats because I needed something to staple my burlap onto.


 Staple your burlap onto the mat.

 Use your staple gun to staple your burlap covered mat onto the frame.

Cut off the excess burlap.


 Hot glue (or nail) the picture hanger onto the back of the frame.
 Hot glue the clothespin onto the burlap.

I love the way it turned out and love that I can change my pictures anytime I want!  My instagram pictures were printed through Snapstagram and they turned out great! 

1 comment:

Traci said...

I love that you did this! This particular project has been on my list of things to do. I've been wanting to display some of my mom and grandmother's recipes but couldn't commit. Thankful that now I have a real life example of how it'll look :)