Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ahhhh....A Taste of Summer

Today I had my very first bite of the summer of a delicious tomato sandwich. If you have never tasted this southern delicacy you are missing out. The bite of the slightly acidic, yet slightly sweet and juicy tomato can only be described as heavenly as far as I am concerned. I consider it a tragedy that I am the only one in my house that appreciates this simple yet complex sandwich to be simply divine! Hopefully Parker will want to enjoy one with me next summer!





Step 1 to making a delicious sandwich is to get a fresh VINE RIPENED tomato. Check your LOCAL fruit stand or your dad's garden....(thanks daddy!)

Step 2 FRESH bread. I cannot over emphasise the importance of fresh bread. This may require an extra stop at your local supermarket, but bread that sticks to the roof of your mouth is mandatory. Also, Blue Plate mayo is a must. I suppose you could use other brands, but to me Blue Plate is the only kind!

Step 3 Smear...yes I said smear BOTH sides your super soft fresh bread with mayo. Peel your tomato and slice right onto the bread...juices and all. Sprinkle with a little salt and fresh cracked pepper and top with the second piece of bread.
Step 4 Cut diagonally and enjoy!

No comments: