Saturday, November 14, 2009

Halloween 2009

I know that I really late with this post, but I swear I am so exhausted that at this point I am proud of myself for getting it done.

Halloween day was extra busy due to the GA/FL game. My brother and Erica, along with my cousins came over to watch them game and I made some pregame goodies to snack on. By the time the game was over, the rest of my family was here to celebrate Halloween.

All of the boys were SUPER excited this year, since they actually understood they were going to get candy! We feasted on our traditional chili, rice, hot dogs and all the fixins'. By the time we ate dinner the boys were racing to get into their costumes and ready to get out the door. I didn't get eh best pictures this year since the weather was yucky, but it did clear off enough for us to hit a few houses.

Braden ran up to each house yelling, "Trick or Treat! Happy Halloween!" At one house the lady gave him a coupon for a frosty. After she put it in his bag, he kept standing there with his bag open staring at her. So I prompted him by saying, "What do you say Braden?" fully expecting him to say "Thank you." Instead he said, "I'd like some candy please!" It was priceless!

Getting together with my family at Halloween was a tradition that I treasured when I was little and I feel so blessed that we have been able to continue this tradition with my whole family as we have grown. I hope that Braden will enjoy the years to come as much I have in the past.




No comments: