Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Uncle Chad's Visit

Love. Adore. These 2 words describe the relationship between my brother, Chad, and Braden. They simply love and adore each other. You know something runs deep when my finicky and fussy 3 year old can run straight into a room where a man is that he hasn't seen in over 3 months and jump straight into his chair and snuggle up to him. Oh, and I can't forget about the dog. Buck. Or Bucky as we all call him. Braden and Bucky, there is a nice loving annoyance relationship going on there. Braden loves to annoy Buck- he missed him so much as well.
My brother surprised my parents by coming into town Saturday night instead of Sunday afternoon and after a few setbacks- a stop to buy an phone charger and a blown out tire on I-20, along with 3 broken lug nuts on the tire, he finally arrived home just before 1 am. And my parents were overjoyed. Their boy had come home, even if it was just for a few days.


Sunday after church we headed up to my parents to my Chad. I was so excited- though Braden who had been sick all week and extremely whiny was more excited than me. You wouldn't believe it- he was like a different little boy when we got there! I have missed my brother so much. It is hard to see someone almost everyday of your life and then only 2 times in over 3 months. However my joy for him and Erica surpasses my sadness about them being gone. Though sometimes I feel sad that Parker won't have the same relationship with Chad as Braden has been able to have. I just remember that Braden has been fortunate enough to have a bond with his uncle that most children never experience- and for that I am thankful.
Thankful for a brother.

Thankful for a brother who is just a phone call away.

Thankful for a brother who always lends a listening ear and an honest reply.

Thankful for a brother who loves my children.

Thankful for a brother who has spent time building a relationship with his nephew.

Thankful for a brother who brings much joy when he returns.

Thankful for Chad.

No comments: