Tuesday, October 14, 2008

UGLY- You Ain't Got No Alibi.......

I have been looking for Braden a wooden table and chairs set for months now. They are VERY hard to find. At least to find one that I liked and that wasn't $100 (OUTRAGEOUS!). On Thursday Brad and I started Christmas shopping early (this should be a whole other blog- I don't think that it is a good idea for me to start early b/c I am sure that I will continue shopping right up until Christmas Eve and just spend even more!) Anyway.......we saw this really cute blue wooden table with red chairs and it was great until I saw the price tag. $50 for the table and $27 for EACH chair and I knew that I was going to have to spend money painting it to match Braden's room also. I started thinking about this insanely UGLY green and gray wooden table that I have seen on Tuesday when I worked the drop off for the consignment sale. I made up my mind then that if this ugly table was still around when I shopped on Friday I would buy it. Well THANK YOU Ashley for saving it for me though it was so ugly that I'm not sure anyone would have bought it! However I got it for .....drum roll please.......$18!!!!!!!! After some sanding, 4 coats of white paint and over 8 hours I am happy to say that both Braden and I LOVE his BEAUTIFUL table. I painted polka dots and stripes to match the pictures that I painted for his playroom this summer and I painted part of the top of the table with chalkboard paint so that he can draw on the table chalk (or callk). Brad put up a cork board to hang his work and I added some tins over his board to store his chalk and crayons.

My inspiration for painting his table





No comments: