Monday, July 18, 2011

Baby Shower Tea Party

My wonderful sister in law, Erica, and her sweet mom, Judy, hosted a baby shower for me and Emersyn this past weekend. The theme of the shower was a tea party which was Erica's idea and I absolutely LOVED it! She wanted it to be super girly since our family has been under a dry spell with girls since I was born in 1982! I am the only girl out of all of my cousins and Emersyn will be the only girl since all of us have grown up and started having children, which so far have been only boys!

The tables were set up with china and each table had a rose centerpiece since her middle name is Rose. The vases were filled with pink bubble gum balls and three little ducks. At each place setting they had special M&Ms for Emersynn in pink and purple with her name and initials. The food was delicious also. We had sandwiches, waldorf salad, cucumber salad, cranberry relish, and watermelon with basil, just what I would imagine having at a tea party. And for dessert, which since I have been pregnant with Emersyn has become my favorite part of any meal, we had a sponge cake filled with bavarian cream and topped with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries, along with chocolate covered strawberries, and little tea cookies. Each detail was incredibly thoughtful and absolutely perfect!

It was such a special day filled with special family and friends, delicious food, and lots of fun. I can't imagine a more special way to celebrate our sweet baby, Emersyn.

No comments: