Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Visit to Mississippi

At the end of July my brother, Chad, and his fiance, Erica, moved to Mississippi to attend Ole Miss. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I have missed him. Braden has missed him a lot too and we cannot convince him that Chad has moved to Mississippi. He says that Chad's only house is at Grrr and Palpaw's!







This past weekend Brad and I made our first boys free trip (my first time EVER being away from Parker at night) and headed to Oxford, MS to spend the weekend with Chad and Erica. We arrived late Friday night and took a midnight drive around the campus, which is beautiful by the way. I have to sadly admit that it puts Athens to shame. Saturday morning Chad and Erica fixed us breakfast and then we headed to The Grove for some tailgating. It is insane how these people tailgate. They pull out huge flat screens and chandeliers and fresh cut flowers and decorations and really do it up for the games. I have to say they are more enthusiastic about the tailgating than they are about their football team!

We were able to sit together during the game and we tried these AWESOME bbq nachos and now I'm hooked! After the game we headed downtown to look at the little shops and eat frozen yogurt. Saturday night Chad and Erica fixed steak fajitas, guacamole dip, and queso and it was fabulous! I think we ate all weekend!




We headed back Sunday morning and I felt a lot of emotions...missing my boys, yet not wanting to leave my brother knowing that it would be Thanksgiving before I see him again. I am so proud of him and the home and future that he and Erica are building for each other and I am counting the days until I get to see him again!

No comments: