Saturday, July 31, 2010

VBS

This past week our church hosted Vacation Bible School for the first time ever! We had over 60 kids which is a lot for our little church. Our mission was to share a love and passion for Jesus with these precious little children in hopes that we could reach not only the child, but their parents/families as well.



Our theme was "Hero Up" so most of the kids dressed up in super hero costumes. Braden is not really into superman, batman, etc. In fact I'm not even sure he can tell them apart! I asked him if he wanted to dress up like a super hero and he said no he wanted to dress up in his race car driver costume. I made him an impromptu cape about 5 minutes before we had to leave since he finally decided he needed a super hero race car cape! He was super excited and I was really excited about seeing him participate in VBS. He loved the singing and dancing, giving his offering, trading silly bands, eating snack, and playing with his friends. He was less impressed with the skits, which I thought were AWESOME, and he usually had trouble sitting still which is completely understandable for a 3 year old.



I am already excited about next year!

No comments: