Sunday, August 10, 2008

Little Helper

Our boy is quite the "little helper". He loves to help load and unload the dishwasher (aka close the dishwasher door and pull out all of the silverware), get his own diaper for mommy, feed Avery and he is even pretty good at putting some of his toys away (only if he is asked of course). This weekend he "helped" even more by helping me tonight work on laundry and Saturday morning help Brad in the yard.


Saturday morning Braden and I decided to join Brad out in the yard while he was pruning the bushes with his new hedger that he has been dying to try. We were out in the yard by 8:00 which seems really late after getting up by 5:15 each morning for the last week. Braden brought out his beloved "pop-pop" (lawnmower) and his wheel barrel. He pushed his lawnmower around the yard first and then he used his wheel barrel to help us pick up the debris. He was so cute putting the pieces in his wheel barrel. When we finished loading all of it into the back of the truck I sat with Braden in the bed of Brad's truck and we rode to the back yard to dump everything out. Before some of you start clucking your tongues because I let my child ride in the back of a pick-up truck, please know that he was safe and tight in my lap, Brad was not going over 3 mph and every child should experience the wind in their hair in the back of a truck at least once in their life. Even if it was really more like a faint breeze since we were driving so slow!


Tonight Braden helped me load the clothes into the dryer. Another one of his favorite jobs. He is so cute picking the clothes up and pushing them in the dryer and he loves to close the door to the dryer and he usually closes it several times before all of the clothes are in! He's not much of a helper when it comes to folding. He loves to run and jump or drive his trucks through my folded pile after I've finished. Tonight he decided that he would like to play peek-a-boo with the towels so after a quick game of peek-a-boo I started on the towels, but he had a different plan. Tonight he decided to load some of the towels in his wagon and drive them around! Too cute! He was such a good helper and with his help I am happy to say that the towels have been washed, dried, folded, and put away! Thanks "little helper"!
I love this face! It looks like pure joy!
Braden was very curious about what Brad was doing to the bushes and the loud noise that he was making!Braden playing peek a boo while I was folding laundry

No comments: