It wasn't too hot and there was a nice breeze, but there were a little too many people for me. I prefer it when it is hardly crowded. Anyways, the kiddo had fun and it totally pooped them out and me which meant that I actually got an afternoon nap too! Here are a few of the High lights or in my case "low" light of the day.
- We went with 3 other families from church which meant that my kiddos had plenty of people to keep them entertained and I had fun friends to talk with.
- We took the boys to the Reptile house for the first time and Braden LOVED it...me not so much!
- Emersyn took a nice little nap and was in a really great mood the majority of the time.
- The MIST FANS....I must get one of these for my back porch!
- The boys were so entertained with their buddies that we didn't have to ride the train. FIRST. TIME. EVER.
- Parker freaked out when we saw the elephant this time, which is odd considering it was his favorite last time. Grumpy ol' man.
- I got pooped on in the Living Rain Forest. Fun times. Lucky for me it wasn't a direct hit, just a little splatter. However, still totally disgusting.
- I discovered that the wind Africa Wind machine totally freaks Parker out and we discovered how many kids you can stuff in there to fully maximize the experience.
- Braden was super excited about seeing "Kung Fu" Panda
- Parker was totally mesmerised by the naked mole rat.
- Parker tried to strip down and pee on a tree during our picnic lunch.
- Dillon, one of Braden's buddies, found a dead rat on the lawn during our lunch. I think one of the naked mole rats escaped.
- Heat only makes the petting zoo more stinky.
|"Did you know that a flamingo actually gets his color from eating shrimp?"|
|More fascinating than all other animals combined- roly polies|
|Braden hung out under the fan for several minutes and he got soaked|
|exiting the stinky petting zoo|
|Baby girl looks ready to go|
|the wind tunnel|
|totally content to chill at the children's playground all afternoon|
|this is what i did when we got home!|